Meetings and Events take up a large part of our business here at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge. Bearing that in mind it was important for us to look at ways of improving our offering to help improve our impact on the environment. We know this was also an important aspect for many of our clients who wish to see the efforts that are being made by us.
How have we improved our Meetings and Events offering?
● Electronic, paper-free organisation of your event
● Fairtrade tea and coffee provided.
● Hard-top tables in your conference room, meaning no linen is needed. This reduces the use of chemicals, water and energy.
● Stationery is provided on a side table rather than at each place setting, reducing waste.
● Irish Water is served still or sparkling – filtered on-site to reduce our carbon footprint.
● Recycling waste bags are provided in all of our meeting rooms.
● Our data projectors are set to eco mode, which uses 20% less energy.
● Our TVs are set to Eco-mode which uses 30% less energy.
● Air conditioning and lighting can be controlled individually in each room.
● When our rooms are not used our energy monitor checks each room to see that all energy is turned off.
● No single-use plastics in our meeting rooms.
● Our food produced is all Bord Bia approved.
● Any oil used in the making of your food once used, is recycled into fuel.
● Public transport is encouraged and we also provide a bike parking area in our car park.
● We have 3 state-of-the-art electric charge points within our car park.